Monday, June 4, 2007

Junior Primary: Parts of a Computer

Today in Junior Primary we did a review lesson about the names of different computer parts. When we started the year the kids knew only one word - "Computer!". This was a great start. Since then we've started to learn the names of all the different computer parts (Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Printer, Microphone). This is really important for the students because it will help them to better understand teaching instructions (For example "Use the keyboard" or "Look at your monitor.") and this will empower them be more confident computer users as they move through the year levels at school.

We started our lesson by using our IWB to uncover and read out the names of different parts of the computer. Here we can see the students working with their AEW (Anangu Education Worker).



After we were familiar with the words we practiced dragging and matching words with their pictures. After this we performed a whole class look - cover - repeat cycle. This gave us a chance to practice remembering the names of the different computer parts.


After we had finished our whole class exploration of the names of the parts of a computer we then completed some worksheets by cutting and pasting the different computer labels and matching them to the picture.




2 comments:

Jess said...

Hi i am weiting to you here because i can not find an email address. My name is Jess and I go to an International Baccalaureate school in Australia. I am in year 10 so I am required to do a personal project for the Middle Years Program. For my project I have decided to raise money to send books to community libraries, school libraries and orphanages in developing countries as well as some to Outback Australia. If you are interested I can send you a box of used and new childrens and teens books as well as some text books. I would send approximately 50 books. All I would require in return is a letter saying that you recieved the books and if possible some photos of the children with the books. This is so I can put it in my project. My email address is aeroplanejellie@hotmail.com Thanks Jess

Samual said...

Hello,

Nice Article has been shared. I Did get lots of Good points from here. thanks for sharing such Article here. Keep Posting Such Article here in future too....
free cad software

Thanks,